AD – Paid Guest Post
One of the best things about being a blogger is that you get to work from wherever whether that’s working at a beach or working from home. All you need is your laptop and a Wifi connection.
Personally, I love being able to work from the comfort of home. There’s no need to deal with traffic or a long commute. You set your working schedule.
Though there are drawbacks to this because working from home also means dealing with multiple distractions. There’s Netflix. There’s the household chores. The surprise visitor or a household item that unexpectedly breaks and needs fixing.
While there are challenges that also arise from working from home, there are also a few things that can help.
Top tips for making working from home easier
Have A Dedicated Office Nook
Having a dedicated office nook, which is separate from your living space, is one of the first things you should do when working from home.
It’s one of the ways to condition your mind that when you sit in that office nook you go into “work mode.”
Let’s face it if you don’t have a dedicated space, it’ll be tempting to work from your bed–a place that’s conducive to sleep.
Try to choose an area in your house that will give you privacy and at the same time make you feel inspired to work.
Keep It Light
Working in an area with lots of natural light helps you focus. I’ve noticed that when I’m at my office nook–or as I like to call it my “co-working space” because it’s a round table for four–which is beside a big window, I instantly feel energised to work. And I feel happy with the sunshine and greenery that I see.
In the same way, a quick tip that corporate offices also apply is to situate desks in an area of their location where there are big windows or choosing lights that enhance the natural light in their spaces.
Take Advantage of Technology
When working from home, it’s up to you to stay up to date with the newest tools or systems for your biz. One of the benefits of working for a company is they constantly invest in resources and tools, in the same way, you should, too.
Whether that’s investing in a new laptop when the time comes or using an app or software available online.
For example, I came across this site that helps you automate your documentation: https://www.templafy.com/.
There are many apps and websites out there for you to access that can help you with your blog & biz.
Enjoy The Flexibility It Gives You
Working from home gives you freedom of time. You get to plan out your day just the way you want to.
If you want to work from 10-7, you can.
If you want to take a drive around town and explore nearby cities for a few hours, you can.
You set your schedule.
The best part is that you have complete control of your time.
So enjoy it!
Remove Any Distractions
It’s no secret that working from home also means that you’ll be faced with multiple distractions like mobile games or scrolling through Instagram.
Fact is unless you have an accountability buddy or maybe your partner or sibling who tells you to get back to work, you’ll be dealing with how to stay focused.
Here are some tips to help you stay focused:
- Block any social media sites for a certain number of hours
- Put your cell phone on mute (unless of course, you can’t put it on mute for anything urgent)
- Time block your work hours and let others know
- Schedule frequent, small breaks to drink water or walk around the house
I hope these five tips help make working from home easier for you. Do you work from home? Do you have any other tips? Share them in the comment section below.
Blogging Resources For You to Check Out:
- This online course to help you build a profitable blog
- The best legal investment I made to protect my blog is this bundle
- This graphic design platform with editable templates
- This easy-to-use, beautiful e-Commerce platform that lets you sell online courses, digital products, services and a membership site; and even has email marketing features
- A beautiful physical planning tool to manage your social media platforms
- This editable, digital content calendar to make blogging easier
- Beautiful, high-quality stock photos from this website
- Grab the following freebies inside my resource library, the Content Chest: - Start a Blog & Blogging Process checklists
- A mini-course on consistency
- Blogging Quiz
- Instagram Templates
- Elements of a Profitable Blog Guide